Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BARTERED

BARTERED

hunger diminishes me
thirst demurs my thinking
the life I tote astounds my frame
defiles my craved existence

upon this block I bargain
my soul inflamed in shame
two arms two legs a beating heart
for barter sale or trade

need I de-school my life for you
sodden in filth and shame
striped of essence and being
my famines on display

this vast judicial hellhole
is all I have to give
the land and people that I love
beheaded, raped and killed

the blanket is included
I wove the yarn by hand
he’s got no Aids or HIV
he’ll grow to be a man

my solitary jewel
ten toes on tiny feet
to wet the stench upon my tongue
for bread a square of meat

I do not thrive I won’t survive
militias rule my land
I’m traumatized and hungry
my crisis is my stand

upon this block I bargain
my soul inflamed in shame
two arms two legs a beating heart
for barter, sale or trade

No comments:

Post a Comment